An extended Victorian detached property arranged as a 21 bedroom nursing home, ripe for redevelopment.
This substantial Victorian detached property is set within one of Clevedon's most prestigious and highly regarded locations. The Upper Clevedon conservation area is an established residential area yet close to the shops and restaurants in Hill Road, parks and the sea front. Having been extended to the side and rear the property is currently configured as a 21 bedroom nursing home and at circa 6,300 sq ft is significantly larger than any of the neighbouring properties. The property has been well maintained and now offers opportunity for redevelopment. In the past planning has been passed for its conversion into 8 flats and 1 house, although this has now lapsed. The property could also convert into a pair of semi-detached houses. Alternatively there is considerable scope to use the property as a large House of Multiple Occupancy or a B&B subject to the necessary consents.
- Approximately 600 sqm over 3 floors
- Ground floor comprises 5 bedrooms (3 en-suite toilets) 2 reception rooms, conservatory, kitchen, 2 bathrooms, office and laundry room
- First floor comprises 9 bedrooms (4 en-suite toilets) and a bathroom
- Second floor comprises 7 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 2 toilets and staff kitchen.
- Uninspected cellar
- Lift access and external fire escape to all floors
- Ample off street parking
- Large lawned front garden
- Potential for further extension.
- Suitable for variety of uses subject to planning consents, including
- HMO or B&B, multiple flats, a pair of semi-detached houses, offices, enormous family home
- 8 week completion
- No viewings until after 11th July
04/P/1974/F - change of use from nursing home to 8 flats and 1 house. Granted 17 September 2004 09/P/1917/F - Erection of three-storey extension to south-east elevation to provide eight bedrooms and a lounge. Refused 7 May 2010
Viewings will commence after the 11 July 2021. Please call register your interest.
Westcoast Properties 20 High St, Portishead, Bristol BS20 6EW 01275 849362 www.westcoast-properties.co.uk
For Sale by Live Stream Auction
on 4th August 2021 at 7pm. In order to take part you must complete the registration form and return it together with two forms of ID. You will then be able to bid from the luxury of your own home either over the internet, by phone or by proxy. Registration for internet bids closes at 12.00 midday on 2nd August. Registration for Proxy bids closes at 12.00 midday on 4th August. Please note the auctioneers have made their best endeavours to disclose all additional fees. Interested parties should refer to the special conditions of sale contained in the Legal Pack for any late amendments or additions to these fees as well as the auction day addendum sheet prior to bidding.
A full auction legal pack can be downloaded from the Auction House Bristol website once available. For further information on the other lots in this auction please visit the website.